Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Corrine Mass Email 3/19/09

From: Corrine Christison
> Subject: mass email
> To: tc8lunch@yahoo.com
> Date: Monday, March 23, 2009, 11:53 AM
> HERMANAS Y HERMANOS!
>
> i just wanted to say thank you for all the letters i've
> been getting! y'all truly are wonderful and they bring a
> HUGE smile to my face. it seems the longer you're on
> your mission- the shorter preparation day gets which means
> the less time you have to write letters but i have been
> getting them and a huge thanks for them!
>
> its kind of a long thought this week (sorry!) but ive had a
> lot on my mind since i'm coming to the end of my first
> six weeks on my mission so its a natural time for
> reflection.  here are my thoughts:
>
> i love the mission. and i especially love knocking doors!
> who knew? but...the people in new york have such beautiful
> doors...and im not even kidding! it has been amazing for me
> to see how much your attitude can change something. a talk
> in church yesterday mentioned this.  he talked about the
> jews in concentration camps in ww2 and how there were some
> who abandoned themselves to their circumstances while others
> chose to fight it! the freedom to choose our attitude is the
> last of the great human freedoms. we can choose how we
> feel... and the lord always wishes helps us with that. ive
> learned so much over these past six weeks how much help we
> truly do have.  our heavenly father hasnt left us alone in
> this world but is like a parent who truly wants to help us
> in anyway that he can. but often, like a parent, you dont
> know how to help until your child says 'i need help.
> can you do this for me?'  it is the same way with our
> father in heaven where, if we want his help in a certain
> way- ask him for that! my prayers every night consist of
> these pleadings with my father. i say 'father i need
> help with this. help me'.... more specifcally, at the
> beginning of my mission i would say 'heavenly father,
> please help me to like door knocking. i want to like it'
> and guess what? he answered that prayer by giving me this
> random sudden obsession with doors and how they look and
> what color they are! this may seem like a silly example and
> some might say it didnt come from my father but i know that
> it did. i testify to you that when we truly show him that we
> want to be better, and we ask for his help in being better,
> he will help us. often we just need to open our eyes to see
> that he already has.
>
> i hope you all are enjoying this spring season!!  and dont
> forget that the prophet of the world is speaking to us
> soon!! this is momumental!
>
> love from new york,
> sister christison

No comments:

Post a Comment