Monday, September 28, 2009

9/17/09

From: Corrine Christison
Subject: mass email
Date: Thursday, September 17, 2009, 10:53 AM
HERMANAS Y HERMANOS!

can you believe it? fall is here already!!! i would say, probably about 46.5 % of the trees here are already red, orange, yellow... you name it! crazy! it also doesnt get really above 75 degrees anymore! CRAZY!

anyhoo, i hit my 8 month mark on monday, which means i've been out for 8 whole months and i only have 10 more to go! HOW SAD! as i was thinking back on the last 8 months, i started to freak out a little bit...im not learning all i wanted to learn! im not changing fast enough! i still dont have all the scriptures memorized! (just a minor freak out, mind you) but i read a scripture this morning, in my spanish book of mormon of all places, that really helped me put it all back in perpective. the scripture is found in 1 Nephi, when the prophet Nephi is having a vision about Jesus and him coming to earth. The angel in his vision asks Nephi if he knows the meaning of Christ coming to earth.

Nephi responds:
"Se que ama a sus hijos; sin embargo, no se el significado de todas las cosas" (for those of you who don't speak spanish
:) ... nephi said: "I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, i do not know the meaning of all things")

so now, i want you to think about the times in your life when you've have freakouts.... perhaps its right now! or perhaps it wont come for another couple of weeks! but i can promise you, we all have them at some time or another... and when we do- we must remember the principle in this scripture: that God and Jesus Christ love us! and everything else can come later! i am so grateful to have that knowledge, and to actually, literally FEEL his love in my life..... it certainly calms me when im having my freakouts, which is nice- im sure not only for me, but for my companions as well! ;)

have a great week y'all!!
sister christison

ps. im getting my hair chopped off... do you think god's love can calm me down this time too? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment